Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car radiator
12-26-2013, 06:49 PM,
Car radiator
My car is from 2006 and it never had any issue. It went to the revision last month and I had bad news, the radiator was leaking and I had to change it, let's say it's not a cheap part, but it had to be done. I don't know if it is normal for a radiator to last 7 years, what is your opinion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2014, 06:30 PM,
RE: Car radiator
I think that a radiator lasting 7 years is pretty normal, they might even last less, just imagine a small stone hitting it and makes a hole, you need to buy a new one.
01-29-2014, 08:22 PM,
(01-29-2014, 06:30 PM)Gelsemium Wrote:  I think that a radiator lasting 7 years is pretty normal, they might even last less, just imagine a small stone hitting it and makes a hole, you need to buy a new one.

This is true, honestly they can last a long time but it depends about how often it gets hit with rocks and such. They can affect it alot, but if you drive on roads without many rocks, it can last years.
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
02-01-2014, 06:41 AM,
it depends on the usage and obviously how much you use your radiator. my car is going on 10 years now and never once has the radiator crapped out on me. i feel like it hasn't because i never really use it even in the dead of winter! i would rather save gas money and be cold then be comfortable with my gas meter going down!
02-01-2014, 08:29 AM,
(02-01-2014, 06:41 AM)dinomarino1 Wrote:  it depends on the usage and obviously how much you use your radiator. my car is going on 10 years now and never once has the radiator crapped out on me. i feel like it hasn't because i never really use it even in the dead of winter! i would rather save gas money and be cold then be comfortable with my gas meter going down!

Bud... I think you have been miss informed, a radiator is what keeps the engine cool. Basically its the cold gator aid for the car when it's running. You use it almost all the time summer or winter, you engine gets hot even if its 10 degrees outside, put your hand on the engine after a hour drive it's still hot as hell. But the radiator keeps it cooled a bit. But you are correct in the sense that the radiator does heat the car, in certain cars it's basically taking the heat off the engine this is done though cold coolant being pushed into the engine and the hot coolant sucked out, then the hot coolant heat in simple terms is blown out to you. But your radiator is almost always running.
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
02-04-2014, 08:08 PM,
(02-01-2014, 08:29 AM)sethky Wrote:  
(02-01-2014, 06:41 AM)dinomarino1 Wrote:  it depends on the usage and obviously how much you use your radiator. my car is going on 10 years now and never once has the radiator crapped out on me. i feel like it hasn't because i never really use it even in the dead of winter! i would rather save gas money and be cold then be comfortable with my gas meter going down!

Bud... I think you have been miss informed, a radiator is what keeps the engine cool. Basically its the cold gator aid for the car when it's running. You use it almost all the time summer or winter, you engine gets hot even if its 10 degrees outside, put your hand on the engine after a hour drive it's still hot as hell. But the radiator keeps it cooled a bit. But you are correct in the sense that the radiator does heat the car, in certain cars it's basically taking the heat off the engine this is done though cold coolant being pushed into the engine and the hot coolant sucked out, then the hot coolant heat in simple terms is blown out to you. But your radiator is almost always running.

haha i most likely am, with all the lies and corruption presented to us on the daily i am not surprised at all
03-21-2014, 01:12 AM,
LOL, come on dino, you're making no sense at all! Good explanation sethky! Wink
09-09-2015, 03:09 PM,
Radiators are an important part of the car so if the service said it needed to be repaired you did well or else the consequence could be engine failure due to lack of cooling.
01-04-2016, 11:59 AM,
Yeah I would get it repaired if I was you. In my experience though they've lasted a lot longer than 7 years on my vehicles.
04-23-2018, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 01:59 PM by dubaicars.)
Interesting feedback about the radiator.